April 3, 2009

Feather Headpieces

I bought this feather headband from Love Me Knot - now Love Lulu Mae - about a year ago. Apologies for the webcam-quality images.

(Geez, check out those overgrown eyebrows I'm currently sporting!)

For reasons unbeknownst to me, I have barely worn it until I stumbled across this beautiful feather clip on Bona Drag the other day and was reminded of its existence.

Plumage Hair Clip, maker unknown, US$15 at Bona Drag

I've worn mine a few times since then, and in that time a number of people have asked me where I got it from, so I thought I would do up a list of my favourite feather hairpiece makers on Etsy. I love Etsy for so many reasons, in particular their support of small businesses and promotion of handmade and vintage goods. Especially in these interesting economic times you can feel good knowing that your money is going directly to the person who made your purchase with their own hands.

So, the list (in no particular order):

Charm School Design

The Polar Headband, US$32 on Etsy

Snow-tipped Browns Headband or Clip, US$32 on Etsy

Calloway Feather Headband, US$35 on Etsy

Gerschwin Feather Headband, US$35 on Etsy; Cassidy Feather Headband, US$35 on Etsy

Simone Peacock Feather Headband, US$32 on Etsy; Armstrong Feather Headband, US$32 on Etsy


Firebird Hair Slide, US$35 on Etsy; Jasmine Peacock Hair Slide, US$50 on Etsy


Emily Vintage Feather Hairpiece, US$34 on Etsy

Carrie B Feather Headband, US$24 on Etsy

If you're looking for something a bit more flamboyant (and/or expensive) you could check out the following:

Wild Feather Folk Princess Crown by Charm School Design, US$42 on Etsy

Josette Vintage Feather Hat by Love, Lulu Mae, US$100

Crown of Feathers Headband, US$168 at Free People

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing this with all of us. Every girl has her most beautiful moment in the life just when you wear your own prom dresses in your wedding.You can visit our site wholesale wedding dresses.cheap wedding dresses have good quality. You can find ball gown wedding dresses,mother of the bride dresses,mermaid wedding dresses,strapless wedding dresses,plus size wedding dresses,beach wedding dresses,bridesmaid dresses,cocktail dresses,evening dressesyour dream. Get your wedding dresses in our wedding dress shop.

    ReplyDelete