April 2, 2009

Happy Things

Feeling kind of depressed tonight due to a particularly soul destroying day at uni, so instead of the post I planned to write about a really fantastic photographer (coming tomorrow, probably), I've put up some YouTube videos I've been watching to cheer me up. It's pretty much all Arj Barker stand up.

Ladies...

I watched bits of the Melbourne Comedy Gala on Monday night, and while I was pretty underwhelmed by a lot of the acts - Jason Byrne in particular always leaves me cold - I thought Arj killed it, as always. I saw him perform at the Brisbane Powerhouse a few years ago, and would definitely recommend going to see him next time he visits your town. During his set, my friends threw a pair of huge granny panties (on which they had written love notes) on to the stage and he dealt with it quite well despite being visibly concerned for their mental health.

So, the videos:

"Then you've got a bunch of depressed amputee bees swimming around the ocean..."


"I can't go any faster I'm wearing walking shoes!"



"For years, Arj Barker was high on life. But eventually I built up a tolerance."


Arj deals with a heckler without resorting to "I'm fucking your mutha" insults. Makes me love him even more.

That is all for now. If you want more, check out Arj Barker's blog, which, while it hasn't been updated in AGES (grrr), has lots of hilarious archived goodness.

No comments:

Post a Comment