October 3, 2009

Mina Perhonen



Mina Perhonen is a really interesting and versatile Japanese fashion label by Tokyo based designer Akira Minagawa. I've had the above blouse (from the 2007 Spring/Summer collection) bookmarked as a favourite for nigh on a year now as "beautiful shirt". As a busty lass I fear I could not successfully wear it, and they don't have an online store, so I wouldn't be able to buy it even if my ladies did shrink, but I can't bring myself to delete the link. I just love everything about it - the simplicity of the cut, the sleeve detail, the crowding of the oversized buttons. He's taken a simple, familiar silhouette and created something beautiful and unique through a few key features.
This is a recurring trend throughout the Mina Perhonen collections. Mingawa often takes familiar clothing silhouettes and creates something fresh and unique through the use of innovative prints, textiles (with original fabric created for each design) and adornments.
Check out some of my other favourites, below:


The Ceremony Dress screams 'Futuristic Nanna' and I would wear it in a heartbeat (2007 - 2008 Autumn/Winter collection).


Again, an intriguing use of colour, pattern and texture in the Ballade Coat (2007 - 2008 Autumn/Winter collection).

Like I said earlier, sadly there currently is no online Mina Perhonen store, however a number of stores around the world stock the label, so check their stockists page for further information.

No comments:

Post a Comment