October 15, 2009

Shop Profile: Black Friday's

First up, I should probably apologize for my lack of posts lately. Paloma's doing a great job of staying on top of this whole blogging business, where as I have spent the last week in a frenzy of tattoos and shopping and general laziness.

Which brings us neatly to the topic of today's post. In search of a new retro rockabilly dress, I ventured into a shop I had read about but never actually been to: Black Friday's in Sherwood. Neatly located behind True Love Tattoo on Oxley Road, Black Friday's is my Favourite. Shop. Ever. Cheesecake pin up posters adorn the walls, the wooden floors creak underfoot in a homey, comfortable way and the speakers blast the best rockabilly tunes. They stock the finest in repro (and genuine) vintage: Stop Staring, Bettie Page, Heartbreaker, Rock Steady, TUK and Pleaser Shoes, Sailor Jerry... the list goes on (they also stock pomade for the gents). For all you pin-up princesses out there, Friday's also sell hair flowers, cosmetics, jewellry and compact mirrors. I purchased a rockin little pink and black diner dress, TCB magazine and US Kustom Cars catalogue for $160. Rad? I think yes.

Run by Lauren and Dutch, the whole shop has a laid-back vibe which means you won't feel awkward coming back again in the space of about two days. (I did just that. Trust - you won't be able to resist.) Check out there Myspace here - you can also buy items online - and if you're in Brisvegas, get yourself down to Black Fridays, ASAP.

No comments:

Post a Comment