October 5, 2009

Sniffle Co.

About a week or so ago, me and my littlest sis went shopping along LaTrobe Terrace in Paddington. In an Endeavour op shop where I found an excellent Elvis tape with live performances and radio interviews for a buck, I also found an almost intimidatingly cool lady volunteering behind the counter. She was wearing this lovely lasercut brooch and so, despite the aforementioned near intimidation, I had to ask where she had got it from.


As it turns out, the brooch was by Australian accessories brand Sniffle Co. The 'Rainbow Airlines' brooch actually appears to be a bit of a departure from their usual style of cartoony, and sometimes slightly sinister characters. This is obviously the intended result - for example, the brooch below is described as a 'mounted deer brooch with dead eyes' (a pretty accurate description, I'm sure you'd agree).



They also have a great (albeit currently small) range of lasercut wooden buttons, my favourite being the teeth. I would love to have these babies on a blouse - methinks they would offset it with a little of that sinister vibe I mentioned earlier.



I'm really glad I've found this quirky Australian brand - thanks mystery op shop girl! - and I'm looking forward to seeing more of their work as it comes out, hopefully soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment