September 28, 2009

New Discovery: Style Stalker

My littlest sis is down visiting from Cairns during her school holidays, and I took her shopping in Paddington last week, in a failed attempt to find her these cute Melissa flats (I know, I know, too much Melissa talk. I would stop if they would stop making such damn desirable shoes!):


Luckily though, the trip was not for nothing - anyone familiar with Brisbane knows Paddington is a very fashionable part of town, with many clothing boutiques lining the streets. Unfortunately these boutiques (even the op shops) are quite pricey, so it's not exactly a shopping spree kind of place. Or at least, not for me. I'm a bit of a scrooge when it comes to spending money on clothes - I have to really, really like something to spend more than $100 on a single item. However we did find a few great pieces, in particular, this Military T-Shirt from Australian label Style Stalker:


This tank is really versatile - the shirt fabric means you could dress it down, say by wearing it with skinny jeans and converse sneakers, but the epaulet detail means that you could also dress it up with a cute highwaisted skirt. You know what else I like about this top? The price - it sells for AUD$59 at Style Stalker's online store.

Upon making the singlet discovery, I did what I always do when I find a piece of clothing I like - I looked up the label online. And while not everything of theirs is quite my taste (studded leggings with mesh insert panels? No thank you) they do have some cute pieces at reasonable prices, so I will definitely be keeping my eye on their work.

Check out my other favourites from their range below:



No comments:

Post a Comment