September 25, 2009

Miranda July is Super Cool and We Should be Friends

I really like Miranda July. She reminds me of a friend of mine from uni, Ria. They are both just super cool, without trying to be, and without affectation. And I always realise how uncool I am when I compare myself with either of them and their achievements. I would hate them for this, except Miranda July seems really sweet, and I know Ria is, so instead I feel happily envious for them and a little sad for me.
The below images come from a Vice magazine story where July posed as background extras from classic movies like Grease. This series is classic, quirky July and I love it.






However out of all of them, I think this last pair is my favourite. The image of July moves past the recreation hook and is a beautiful, haunting image in its own right.



No comments:

Post a Comment